Terms and conditions
The terms and conditions below relate to orders for the ground screws and screw pile supplied and installed by RADIX Base Systems Ltd, a company registered in Scotland at the registered office Unit 1 Edison Place, Dryburgh Industrial Estate, Dundee, DD2 3QU (hereby referred to as the company) or by its sub-contractors operating on behalf of The Company.
- All prices quoted are calculated and agreed on the basis of free access and unimpeded working during our normal working hours (Monday–Friday 8am – 4.30pm). The quoted price is valid under the assumption of ground conditions capable of accepting ground screw products. If extra work is required to carry out the installation extra charges can be applied after consultation with the client. Should waiting time be endured through no fault of The Company a charge will be implemented of £35 per man hour or part thereof until work can commence.
- Both Contractor and client to agree practical arrangements on working methods that provide minimum disruption to the client and allow work to be carried out efficiently by the contractor.
- Free access is required for delivery of materials and machinery to within 25 metres of installation area with minimum clear access opening of 900mm. Parking permits must be provided prior to the commencement of work and any parking charges incurred is chargeable to the client.
- All goods supplied and installed remain the property of The Company until payment is received in full. In the event of non-payment, the customer accepts that the goods are recoverable by The Company regardless of any structure that may be attached.
- For clients without trade accounts a minimum 50% deposit is required prior to the commencement of works and balance due immediately on completion, or in the case of trade account customers, on or before the notified due date. Payment terms will be discussed prior to contract agreements being finalised.
- On receiving the order from the client (either in writing or verbal) these Terms and Conditions come into effect and will be deemed to be contractual.
- Any known sub-surface obstructions (e.g. pipes, cabling, foundations, etc.) must be reported to The Company prior to work commencing relating to ground screw foundation installation. Failure to do this may result in the installation being abandoned and charges being incurred. Any damage caused to underground services not notified to RADIX Base Systems Ltd are the responsibility of the client and no liability will be accepted by Radix Base Systems Ltd
- The client has the right to cancel the installation no less than 72 hours prior to the agreed installation date with no charge.
- Within 72 hours notice a cancellation charge of 20% will be incurred.
- Within 48 hours notice a cancellation charge of 50% will be incurred.
- Within 24 hours a cancellation charge of 75% will be incurred.
- Although every reasonable effort will be made to arrive at the required site at a time agreed by both the client and The Company, The Company will not be held responsible for any cost incurred by the client in the event of late arrival.
- Insurance: The Company will hold the correct insurance for the undertaking of the work ordered. Employers Liability Insurance of no less than £10,000,000 and Public Liability Insurance of no less than £5,000,000.
- Guarantees: The Company shall provide a 12-month warranty on workmanship from the date of installation. The Company will offer a life span warranty of RADIX Professional Ground Screw and RADIX Extendable Screw Piles for a period of 35 years based on “Typical Soil Conditions” resulting in a maximum corrosion of 6 microns per annum of galvanization and 30 microns per annum for uncoated steel components.
Product guarantees will be agreed in line with manufacturers terms and conditions and will be agreed on a contract basis where applicable.
- Extras will only be undertaken further to both full discussion with the client, and, verbal or written agreement, and charged at the agreed rate
Please Note: Core drilling services are available upon request and must be requested a minimum 48 hours prior to the date of the install to ensure the correct equipment is available
- The Company and its sub-contractors will always endeavour to employ a helpful attitude at all times and will always attempt to bring the works to a satisfactory conclusion as soon as possible taking into account weather conditions and unforeseen circumstances etc.
- Although our installers will strive to be as accurate as possible, it should be noted and understood due to the nature of the works being carried out that millimetre perfection is not always feasible or even at times possible. Tolerances of up to 50mm should be assumed and allowed for between linear screw alignment and 5mm tolerance on level over 10m span. Required and workable tolerances should be discussed in the planning/design stages of a project to ensure that our system will be a suitable one to use for said works.
- Surface areas where ground screws are to be installed should be free from hardcore, crushed rubble and quarried materials to allow accurate and satisfactory installation. All hard landscaping materials must be removed prior to installation. Ground membranes should not be installed prior to installation under any circumstances.
- It should be noted that abortive costs may be incurred if our installers are unable to install ground screws due to irregular ground conditions (e.g. granite, rocky or marsh conditions etc.) unless RADIX Base Systems Ltd has been commissioned to complete pre-inspection ground surveys, it is assumed that ground conditions have been checked by the client and are suitable.
- Prior to the arrival of our installers on-site, drawings showing specific install positions must be supplied and all ground screw layouts/footprints should be marked in the proposed area of works. It should be noted that additional costs will be incurred if our installers are required to set and mark out layouts and/or footprints per drawings provided.
- The Company and its sub-contractors are permitted to take photos and/or videos during installation for public use including, but not limited to, advertising, marketing, case studies, etc. without payment or other consideration. If you do not wish any photos and/or videos to be taken, please contact us in writing prior to your installation