Sustainable foundations for house extensions
Concrete foundations are not your only option!
At RADIX, we apply our industry-leading knowledge and expertise to offer innovative foundation solutions for house extensions. Our advanced helical screw piles and ground screw foundations allow us to install secure, robust foundations swiftly, with limited ecological impact. The result? A highly secure and cost-effective foundation.
RADIX’s sustainable screws represent a fundamental shift in how house extensions are done, delivering immediate benefits while building towards a more sustainable future.
The most common types of foundations used in house extensions include concrete slab foundations, strip foundations, raft foundations, trench fill, and pile foundations. Today, customers want better alternatives, and RADIX’s innovative foundations filling this gap
Contact us with information about what you are planning to build, and we can review it and get back to you. Any technical information you need, we can provide.
The advantages of using screw foundations for house extensions
The beauty of our screw piling solution lies in its simplicity. RADIX’s screws replace conventional concrete foundations with a faster and cost-effective solution. Without the need for excavation or curing time of traditional foundations, your house extension project can start immediately after installation.
Why choose RADIX for your foundations?
Choosing the right foundation is crucial for the stability and longevity of your house extension. RADIX has specially designed extendable screw piles and ground screw foundations for houses and SIP buildings that are fast to install, highly secure, strong, and a better alternative to concrete foundations.
The process for building house extensions on our sustainable foundations
At RADIX, we offer a turnkey solution to creating the foundations for building extensions of all scales, leaving you with robust foundations you can build on immediately.
Design and planning
- Initial Consultation: Understanding client needs and extension specifications.
- Site Analysis: Assessing soil type, loads, and environmental factors.
- Designing Foundations: Customising screw piles or ground screw solutions.
Site surveys and ground preparation
- Detailed Site Survey: Identifying potential challenges.
- Load Testing: Verifying the solution’s load-handling capacity.
- Preparing the Site: Clearing and adjusting the area for installation.
- Installation Process: Driving in the screws to the required depth.
- Quality Checks: Ensuring integrity and stability post-installation.
- Structural Platform: Add the house extension base to the screws if requested.
Building the house extension
- Building the Extension: Construction begins instantly.
- Inspection and Approval: Final checks by relevant authorities.
An all-in-one service for delivering our sustainable foundations for house extensions
Site Surveys & Load Testing
We can provide the empirical data on which ground screws and screw piles are specified for your project.
Project Design & Planning
Our experienced team can help design the foundations and structural base to meet your project specifications.